ENA's Vision Statement
ENA's vision is to promote advocacy, diversity, and excellence of emergency nursing practice.
ENA is a professional member organization recognized internationally for promoting excellence in emergency nursing through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
NYS ENA Strategic Plan 2015-2018Click here
- To promote the specialty of emergency nursing.
- To promote the interests of ENA's members and to improve the professional environment of the emergency nurse through education and public awareness.
- To promote ethical principles as defined in the ENA Code of Ethics for Emergency Nurses and the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
- To actively collaborate with other health related organizations to improve emergency care.
- To be the primary resource for emergency nursing leadership, education, and research.
- To define standards that serve as a basis for emergency nursing practice.
- To develop, disseminate and evaluate emergency nursing education and research.
- To encourage interaction and mentorship among emergency nurses.
- To identify and disseminate information on key trends affecting and pertinent to emergency nursing.
- To serve as an advocate for the public regarding emergency care.